Penguin Watch Talk

Difficulty with the marking tool

• flexilens2 by flexilens2

Hi,
    I'm having difficulty marking the penguins. When I click on a penguin, a large circle appears. When I try to click on a penguin close by, the circle appears again and I can't click on the penguin behind, which is really limiting how many penguins I can circle when they're grouped together.
    Is there a way around this please?
    Thank you!

Posted

• lchad by lchad

Having the same problem. What is the best browser to use?

Posted

• Sarawr by Sarawr

I usually do a bit of a zig zag, i'll click one penguin and then click another one about 1-2cm away on the screen, and the previous circle turns into a + enabling me to tag some of them close together.

If the penguins are cuddling together like the picture you posted, i'll zoom out my browser (currently using chrome) (ctrl - , or ctrl and mousewheel down). This makes all the text and the marking tool (+) smaller, but the picture remains the same size, enabling me to click penguins really close together. When finished press [ctrl + 0 (hold ctrl, plus and zero) to reset the browser to default zoom.

3 zoom levels in chrome, changing the zoom alters the size of the marking tool but does not alter the image size

Posted

• brian-c by brian-c admin

You can click the little magnifying glass on the right of the circle to collapse the current marker to a cross. If you need to mark one really close by you might have to click a little further off and drag it into position.

Posted