Penguin Watch Talk

Removing marks made by accident

• Seymour_Spotter by Seymour_Spotter

I'm using a mini I-pad, and I can't find any way to 'unclick' a cross I've marked by mistake

Posted

• BlueDolphin by BlueDolphin

I have same problem using iPad. Once your finger is on the photo you have to place a mark and there is no way to delete

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

Hi. I'm sorry to read that. Honestly, I wouldn't use an iPad for such a thing as a classification even if I had one. There are always problems with it 😕 Do you have any other option? It would be the best solution.

Posted

• SADDWD by SADDWD

Same problem as above. Unable to remove X's. Pity as I have no alternative. It should be made clearer that ipad doesn't work as I've now done 2 pics that need to be voided. Disappointing.

Posted

Our computer has technical problems so my only option is iPad. Since Discovering that you cannot delete I am being very careful. I only put my finger on the screen if I am 100% certain I need to mark. If any doubt I leave it and tick the too many penguins to mark box. I think I have only made 2 accidental marks that I couldn't delete. If this happens I make a comment. Hope this is ok.

Posted

• caitlin.black by caitlin.black moderator, scientist, admin

So sorry about these issues. We are working on these iPad bugs at the moment. Thanks for you help with the project!

Posted

• Nickypeng by Nickypeng moderator

I am now having the same problem - on desktop using Google Chrome. I can drag them off the page - so will do that for now.
    The Favourites button has disappeared too (although that is hardly important)

Posted

• Nickypeng by Nickypeng moderator

The little magnifying glass button is also not working all the time - works sometimes.

Posted

Yes, it is rally gone. I can't see the favorite button as well! But the magnifier seems to be forking for me (Chromium, Ubuntu)

Posted

• brian-c by brian-c admin

iPad button clicking behavior should be much better now. Please post back here if there are still issues.

Posted

Fantastic - I can delete using the cross now. Thank you very much

Posted

Great! @BlueDolphin Thanks for the feedback!

Posted

Someone still has problems using a touchscreen: http://talk.penguinwatch.org/#/subjects/APZ0001mvp

Posted

• Moat by Moat

Have just done first photo using an iPad & accidently clicked in the wrong place. Can't remove errors as the X button would not work.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to Moat's comment.

Hi, yes, unfortunately, this project doesn't work properly on touchscreen devices 😦

Posted

• Shiphrah by Shiphrah

I was surprised by these posts. I have to use iPad and find it easy to delete marks so the promised improvement really worked. Thanks!!

Posted