Penguin Watch Talk

I can only count max 2 penguins!

• Sharrington by Sharrington

I don't know why but my computer will only let me count two penguins and then won't mark any more... I don't have this problem on the iPad though!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

Hi, this issue is caused by using the IE browser (I guess even in your case). Please, use some other browser.

If you can't use another browser, try to switch 'adults' for 'chicks' in the menu and back to 'adults', that should help (someone said so).

Sorry for the troubles and thanks for your effort!

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB

Suggestion : Firefox or Chrome work really well ! 😄

Posted

• brian-c by brian-c admin

The developers are unable to reproduce this bug, but we are seeing a handful of weird classifications come through that are consistent with what folks are reporting. Real head-scratcher.

Could anyone experiencing this issue send me a message with the browser and OS reported by https://www.whatismybrowser.com/ (e.g. "Chrome 37 on Mac OS X (Mavericks)") as well as any browser plugins you have installed?

We'll try to have this patched up soon. Thanks!

Posted

• Diddy by Diddy

I can only count a maximum of 2 penguins. I am using IE

Posted

• RoddyI by RoddyI in response to brian-c's comment.

I can only count two penguins. What is my browser states I am using IE 11 with windows 8.1.
    My OS is actually Windows RT.
    JavaScript and cookies are enabled. Flash 15 is installed. Java is not detected. Hope this helps.

Posted

@Roddyl Hopefully this will be helpful. Thank you!

Posted

• Jardy57 by Jardy57

Yep.. using IE9 and Windows 7.. can't count above 2..

Posted

• LyndaB by LyndaB

I had this problem when I was using IE. I switched to Chrome on the same machine and have no problems at all.

Posted

• Shelagh111 by Shelagh111

I have the same problem! 😦 Chrome working though 😉 thanks for the tip

Posted

• brian-c by brian-c admin

An experimental fix is in place. Since we can't reproduce this, it's hard to know when we've actually fixed it! Please report back if there's still any trouble.

Posted

Hi Brian,

some users still have problems marking more than 2 penguins! Click here or here.

Z.

Posted

• pingu98 by pingu98

im having the same problem... using IE.... can only mark 2 penguins before the cursor changes and cant mark any more? is this a browser problem, bug that needs fixing or my computer? any help on this? thanks 😃

Posted

Hi. You can find the answer on the 1st page of this thread;) It is a browser issue. The developers have been working on this, but they're unable to reproduce the bug on their computers. Try another browser for now.

Posted

• Becky_Gregory by Becky_Gregory

I also have this problem. I can only count 2 penguins on our PC using Internet Explorer, Windows 7. I'm going to try Firefox.

Posted

• FutureSciGirl by FutureSciGirl

oh interesting

Posted

GREAT NEWS!

I've just got a message from the developers, that the IE issue should have been fixed so you should be able to classify all the penguins you see even when using the Internet Explorer!

Please, let me know whether it works for you or not. Thank you (and thank to the developers for fixing it!)

😃

Posted

Please someone try the IE whether it works or not and let me know. Thank you!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

That's great to hear. I don't have IE, but I'll be excited to hear if it's fixed.

Praise be to the devs! 😃

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to DZM's comment.

Thanks, but I prefer someone who had the issue before fixing it on its computer, so we could be sure it really works for these users now:]

Posted

• RojaNYC by RojaNYC in response to Sharrington's comment.

YES..It IS a tech problem on your side...Im using a Mac and I see many Penguins!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to Sharrington's comment.

It is caused by using Internet Explorer. Try to change your browser.

Posted