Penguin Watch Talk

Can't go back to correct when accidentally no category selected

• gen2 by gen2

I have a slight problem (using latest Firefox)
    On the screen offering 'yes' / 'no' / 'can't tell' [OK]
    Three times today I accidentally clicked on [OK] without first clicking one of the radio buttons. It accepts it and tells me my categorisation has been accepted. The [back] button is inactive.
    What exactly was it categorised as?
    I was particularly disappointed as one of them showed a South Georgia Reindeer and I wanted to flag it up 😦

Posted

• caitlin.black by caitlin.black moderator, scientist, admin

When you get to this screen, you should click "yes" there are penguins or other animals present. If you click no, you will be sent a new image. Not sure about the back button, but it's probably best to carefully select yes, no, or I can't tell. If you clicked "no," the image was likely classified as too blurry or dark to annotate. It should be ok because each image is annotated by several users, so hopefully someone else will spot the reindeer.

Posted

• gen2 by gen2

I know I should click 'Yes' but the click doesn't always register. If 'OK' is clicked without any category selected, it goes straight to the 'Thank You' page and there is no 'back' button there to allow a correction.
    The program shouldn't accept an 'OK' until one of the radio buttons is chosen.

I'm using the latest Firefox in Windows 7.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

Hi @gen2 ,

I have already reported this bug. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Thanks letting us know and sorry for the troubles!

Z.

Posted