Penguin Watch Talk

problem with BACK button

• GladysW by GladysW

I have several times had problems using the back command. For example, I answered yes to the initial question that there are penguins present, but after looking at the magnified image couldn't tell if it is really a penguin. I hit the BACK button to go back and change my answer from yes to I don't know. After selecting I don't know and then OK, I could not continue with the image. The image was still displayed, and the BACK button was still displayed, but it was nonfunctional. There was nothing else displayed inthe right column - no OK button, etc. There was nothing I could do except go to the discussion page. Upon selecting "return to classifying" from the discussion page, I was returned to a new image, not to the one I was working on. So, I was never able to save my input on that image. This has happened several time, both on my own computer (a Windows 7 laptop running Firefox) and on my sister's laptop (a Windows 8 laptop running Internet Explorer).

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to GladysW's comment.

Hi,

I'm really sorry for the troubles. I'll inform the developers about that issue and maybe will ask you for some more details if needed for reproducing the issue on their computers..

Thank you for reporting! Hopefully it could be fixed soon..

Zuzi

Posted

• GladysW by GladysW

Okay. It just happened again. I clicked on Yes there are animals present. Then, when looking at the zoom of the image decided that it was only a rock. I hit the back button, which redisplayed the Yes - No - I can't tell screen. I selected No, and then okay. At that point, the BACK button was displayed on the right, but nothing below it. The BACK button was not working; I had to click the Discuss link to get out of there.

Posted

Thanks for letting me know. Can I ask you for some more details? Please, click on this link: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/ and copy the content (you can send me that through the mail box by a personal message if you want to).

It would help if you made a screenshot of the page at the moment when you can't see nothing below the BACK button which doesn't work.

Thanks and sorry for the troubles!

Zuzi

Posted

• GladysW by GladysW

Okay. I am traveling now and using my sister's computer (although I have the same problem on my own computer). When I return home and am using my own computer I will collect screen shots to send you.

Posted

Please, could you copy the text from that web page for the developers from both, yours and your sister's computer? It would tell us what browser on what Operating system you use and whether it is up to date. So the developers will be able to reproduce the bug and fix it. It s written in the top blue box on this page: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/ But would be better if you copy all the text.

Thank you very much!

Z.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Good news: I can replicate this problem.

Although for me, it only seems to happen when one has already marked at least one penguin before hitting the "back" button... ?

Anyway, putting in a bug report. Thanks!

Posted