Penguin Watch Talk

Web links about penguins

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

Hi @Gardenmaeve

We actually do have such a Discussion thread already. It's called Penguin News Articles. f you don't mind, I'll move your posts there.

Thanks,

Zuzi

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to yshish's comment.

Oh, I can move only the whole thread under another board but not individual posts. Wouldn't you like to put your posts there by yourself and remove this thread after please?

Edit: I would like to have such information under the Science board and not the Help one which is supposed to cover the technical issues.

Thank you!

Z.

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

Well, I'm glad to do whatever is most helpful. I was following a recommendation from DZM to put it here.
    The intention was to have it associated with your soon-to-be-released FAQ so volunteers could learn more about the animals we are counting.

I'll remove this thread now and redo it if desired when I have more time. (My initial posts have now been removed. I'll leave this bit up a few minutes to be sure you have seen it, then I will remove the rest. I really think this kind of informational link needs to be separate from links about the PenguinWatch project. These are intended to supplement the tutorial and FAQ.)

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to gardenmaeve's comment.

OK, I got it. Thank you for the links!

Z.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

It was my recommendation, yes. I figured that it would be good here since a lot of the FAQ discussion has been going on here in the Help board.

@yshish , did you move the post, or delete it... ? Is it still out there somewhere?

Thanks!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to DZM's comment.

Hi Darren,

No, I haven't deleted anything. I can't see the posts anymore so I guess that @Gardenmaeve removed them already 😦 I didn't mean that.

I prefer having such things under the Science board and reduce the number of Discussions to make it easily accessible since the Search doesn't work properly. Hope you understand.

I could rename the Penguin News Articles to something better if you wanted but it is useless to have more discussion boards about the same. Do you agree?

Z.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

It's up to you and @gardenmaeve exactly what you want to do to facilitate her helping you with the FAQs and resources for new users!

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

I will put links wherever yshish believes them to be useful for volunteers. As I said earlier, I removed the links when the suggestion was made to put them in the Science section in News Links. I had spent 2 hours putting them together so didn't have further time to make the move. No problem- I saved my work and will carry on when I can.

Perhaps I could contact you each privately with questions about how best to set it up to meet your needs. I think News Links is best for news articles and links. This was intended to offer an easy way for volunteers to read about an answer in FAQ and then see many examples through links, or to watch penguin behavior to better understand penguin behaviors that are unclear in still photos. What I had in mind may or may not suit the need. That is what we can work out together. Too bad the Search is faulty.

This thread may need to be deleted by one of you. Thanks to both of you!

Have a good evening.

gardenmaeve

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

I can't believe how helpful everyone is being over the FAQs - it's really heartening! Here's my smile for that: 😄
    Thanks all!

Posted