Penguin Watch Talk

Talk threads not working properly

• Nickypeng by Nickypeng moderator

Hi all
    I am having trouble viewing some of the discussion threads.
    This is an example http://talk.penguinwatch.org/#/boards/BPZ0000003/discussions/DPZ000060f
    On the list of discussions it says that there are 17 posts and the last one was from Avast 12hours ago
    But when I open it I only see 10 posts with the last one being 5 days ago.
    There is no second page showing.

Interestingly, when I posted a response, the page refreshed and showed page 2 of the thread with the recent posts with mine at the end

Not all threads are doing this - some multi-page threads show up fine.

Any ideas?

This has happened several times recently although I couldn't tell you which threads.

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Haven't come across that one NickyPeng, sorry.

This whole system creeks at the seams, bless. I responded to a few comments yesterday (to pictures), and had to wait a loooooong while (several minutes) for those responses/edits-of-responses to show up on the main 'talk' board, and all this despite hitting my browser recycle button, or selecting the 'Talk Penguin Watch' button.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to AvastMH's comment.

Yeah, it takes a while for posts to appear on the "Recents" page. This isn't atypical.

We're working on the new system, but it takes quite a while to build it from scratch... It's in process, and it will be heavily tested, promise!!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to Nickypeng's comment.

Actually it has never worked properly. The count of participants often says different numbers as well as count of posts. Sometimes it takes a few days to display the correct numbers! It's sometimes a bit frustrating but I'm afraid it doesn't have that big priority in comparison to other problems here and there.......

Z.

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator in response to DZM's comment.

That's good news DZM....tell them we send virtual chocolate biscuits to fire them up for the task ahead 😃

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Most important is that the actual interface works properly so that we can count the penguins!

But we definitely want to make discussions work as smoothly as possible, so the biscuits are appreciated. 😃

Posted