Penguin Watch Talk

Interface Problem: Zooming Penguins

• Shiphrah by Shiphrah

When trying to mark many teeny-tiny penguins all crowded together, zoom is extremely helpful. But on my iPad (OS8) I've been having trouble with zoom only with penguin watch. When I try to enlarge the picture, suddenly it jumps to being very very small. I can enlarge that, but the crosses for previous marks appear very large and thick and block the view of unmarked birds. if I fiddle with it long enough, zooming in and out, it eventually reverts to a normal size view. This only happens with penguins. Pictures of condors or zebras, etc. zoom normally. I wish this could be fixed!

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Hi Shiphrah THANK YOU for letting us know. Yshish is in contact with the developers so she will pass your message on as soon as possible. I'll keep an eye on this too. PLEASE - could you let us know what browser system you are using?

Best wishes,
    Joan (AvastMH)

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to AvastMH's comment.

Hi,

I've already informed the Developers and Darren about this problem since I didn't know what to answer myself. There have always been problems with iPads but as far as I know zooming images during the classification doesn't work for other devices either which has a purpose (at least I believe so). But I've got no experience with iPads and don't feel to be the right person to make any statement about this problem.

So please, let's wait for Cam or Darren to reply that.

Cheers and sorry for the troubles,

Z.

Posted

• Shiphrah by Shiphrah

I use an Apple iPad 3rd generation with OS 8.1.3

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

So, here's the deal. The devs who work on Penguin Watch are currently super busy with our next project launch, which I think may be as soon as this week. They're using the same basic framework as PW, so I think it's the same devs.

After the project goes live, they may have a little more time to take a look at this... ? I hope?

Could someone perhaps poke me about this in about 10 days, and I'll see what I can do as far as getting one of them to tackle the iPad problem? Thanks!!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to DZM's comment.

Thank you very much Darren, I'll send you an email notification with a link to this thread in exactly 10 days!

(Can't wait for the new project! 😃)

Z.

Posted