Penguin Watch Talk

Shiphrah is getting repeat pictures upon signing in...any ideas?

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Please see this comment http://talk.penguinwatch.org/#/subjects/APZ0001iyt

Thanks so much,
    AvastMH

Posted

• Shiphrah by Shiphrah

I'm still waiting for help with this. It just happened again: I logged on. marked three images, went to Talk, clicked Return to classifying, and was given the same three images in the same order. (This is a little better than getting the same image at every log-in, which happened for a while.) It happens erratically, on Penguin watch and on other Zooniverse sites. It can usually be stopped by switching to Talk and back a couple times, or else logging off and then back on.

I use an iPad, system iOS 8.2 and Chrome.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to Shiphrah's comment.

Dear @Shiphrah

As for the repeating, it was used to happen to me shortly before running out of data in the Plankton Portal. We have run out of data here recently and those ones you're classifying now were re-uploaded from the retired ones (since I didn't get any information about uploading new ones I suppose they haven't been uploaded yet) so theoretically it could be caused by this. But I'd rather inform the developers.

Does it happen in other projects too?

I'm really sorry for those troubles! Thanks for reporting, hope we'll be able to help you with that.

Cheers,

Zuzi

Posted

• Shiphrah by Shiphrah

Thanks for your reply!

I don't think it could be caused by redoing a batch of old data. That wouldn't explain three images repeating exactly in the same order. Also, that wouldn't affect other projects.

Yes, it happens in other projects I visit frequently, Condor Watch, Snapshot Serengeti, Calbug, and Science Gossip. Don't remember it in Floating Forests. Those are the ones I can do on my iPad and find interesting.

It's not disastrous, just annoying, since there are work-arounds as described in my earlier post today.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to Shiphrah's comment.

I know that feeling 😦 I remember the last time it happened to me on the PP it wasn't caused by running out of images either. Exactly 10 images kept repeating (and not only to me, other users reported the same behaviour). I classified each of them more than 10 times and then I decided to stop and wait for the solution. Don't remember what the problem was but they fixed it.

I informed the developers about your problem again and sent them link to this thread. Hopefully they'll be able to help you soon.

Sorry for the troubles! I'm glad you can classify the Kelp forests in the meantime at least. I'll let you know by a private message if we needed some more details from you.

Cheers,

Zuzi

Posted

• Shiphrah by Shiphrah

I think the problem is fixed for me, since I followed @DZM's suggestion of deleting cookies and then typing the project URL instead of going in through theZooniverse main page.

On this iPad i had to delete the browser app entirely then reinstall it.

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Oh gosh - well done DZM and Shiprah! I'll remember that trick. But having to re-install the browser shows REAL dedication. THANK YOU!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I'm really concerned about the volume of project sign-in issues that seem to be caused by navigating from the main page. I'm trying to figure out what's going on with that...

Posted

• stonepenny by stonepenny

Hi, I'm having problems getting the pictures to change once I've finished a photo.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to stonepenny's comment.

Hi @stonepenny

Could you please specify your problem? What browser and OS do you use? Have you tried to clear the browser cache?

Thanks and sorry for the troubles!

Zuzi

Posted