Penguin Watch Talk

Unable to Classify

• kacaswell by kacaswell

I am unable to classify penguins! I click on them, but nothing shows up. There's no circles or anything. Has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it?

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Ouch - that's not good KACaswell.
    What browser are you using (Chrome/Firefox./Explorer) and what version? Let me know if you are not sure how to discover this.
    And what type of operating system (Window/Mac etc)

Also - have you tried closing PW and re-opening it? Or have you tried changing browsers?

Sorry for all the questions - but it really helps the techno folk to pin the problem down!

I hope we can sort it for you soon - a penguinless spell is a sad thing!

Best wishes,
    AvastMH

Posted

• kacaswell by kacaswell

Hi! I'm using the latest version of chrome. I haven't tried changing browsers, but I can do that! I'm on a Windows. I'll try switching browsers and I'll double check and make sure I'm using the latest version of Chrome and get back!

Posted

• kacaswell by kacaswell

I just tried using Firefox and I am still unable to classify. I closed and refreshed and I still can't classify. Is there anything I need to do on the website in order to be able to classify?

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to kacaswell's comment.

Hi @kacaswell

Please, what Windows version it is? Have you tried some other Zooniverse project? Please, try some and tell us whether it doesn't work either.

Thanks and sorry for the troubles!

Zuzi

Posted

• kacaswell by kacaswell

It's Windows 8.1 and no, I have not tried another Zooniverse project. I will try some and let you all know!

Posted

Thanks.

I have one more idea.. But need to know what exactly happens. Could you tell me the exact steps you do and what the page behaviour looks like?

For example: You go to the classification page, an image with penguins loads and you are asked whether there are any penguins. You answer Yes and click on the OK button. You choose Adults and click on the image but no mark gets placed.

Thanks 😃

Posted

• kacaswell by kacaswell

Other websites are working.

Here is what happens

I go to the website, click on classify, and a penguin picture loads. I have not seen it ask if there are penguins in the picture; it just asks if there are any other animals.

Posted

Oh, I'm sorry. Yes, of course, it asks you whether there are any animals.

What does happen next when you answer the question as YES and click on the OK button?

Posted

• kacaswell by kacaswell

I didn't know I had to click on "yes"! Wow, now I feel silly. Thank you for your help everybody; sorry for the troubles!

Posted

Not a problem! You're not the first one 😉

I'm so happy it works for you. Feel free to ask when in troubles the next time.

Hope you will enjoy the counting when you finally can 😉

Cheers,

Zuzi

Posted