Penguin Watch Talk

Temporarily out of data to classify

• CandyDawn by CandyDawn translator

Hi, I keep getting the message that there are no images to classify, yet other members are posting recently classified images onto the discussion boards so there are obviously more images to classify. I'm missing my daily fix of Penguin Watch, will there be more images soon? Thanks.

Posted

• Roni2014 by Roni2014

Same here!

Posted

• ilofog by ilofog

Just wanted to add I've had the same issue since yesterday.

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

Folks, you are getting that message because- we are temporarily out of data! More is on the way. It isn't an issue, just the normal ebb and flow of handling data. Please don't worry.

Have a look here: http://talk.penguinwatch.org/#/boards/BPZ0000001/discussions/DPZ0000cvg?page=1&comment_id=554fcca6e8c9f404180014d0

Posted

This thread is also informative: http://talk.penguinwatch.org/#/boards/BPZ0000002/discussions/DPZ0000cnx?page=2&comment_id=554f901fe8c9f4546500105d

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Thanks for fielding these messages gardenmaeve 😃

I think we are expecting the new images in a day or two. So KEEP logging in all you good peng-zooites to see how that it progressing. It will not be all 450,000 photos still to go, but should get us going whilst they finish up preparing the bulk of them. In the meantime anyone wanting to help the penguins could have a dabble with Plankton Portal to help feed the krill that feed the penguins. Some of the plankton are VERY pretty! 😄

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hey everyone, just an update: the data is processing right now and should be live by the end of today!

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Yeh! 😄 Thank you Darren. Thank you Technicians! 😃

Posted

• ibaiqr by ibaiqr

So.... I deleted all cookies, I got two images, went to talk, no more images, changed the browser, got the same two images apparently.... I think the same two images about 3 times, then no data again.

Are we out of data now? Has anyone experienced any kind of browser problem that looks like this? Is it possible that the system gives someone the same image several times?

Thanks!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to ibaiqr's comment.

Hi,

Please, do read the thread. We have replied this many times already. The new data are being uploaded at this time. 180.000 new images. They should have been available tonight!

Be patient please. The repeating behaviour is caused by running out..

Z.

Posted

• ibaiqr by ibaiqr in response to yshish's comment.

Thanks! I had read it, but still held my browser suspect.... Sorry!. Thanks for your support.

Posted

You're welcome. Your browser is innocent! 😄

Posted

• ibaiqr by ibaiqr in response to gardenmaeve's comment.

Browser has been released 😃 .

Posted