Penguin Watch Talk

What is it?

• coldcounter by coldcounter

I have drawn the conclusion it is a leopard seal in the water top right or I am being imaginative? What do others think?

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to coldcounter's comment.

Hi,

I'm sorry but I cannot see any there. We cannot see your marks so we don't know where to look. There are underwater rocks on the right covered with snow/ice. Is that what you supposed to be the seal? The rocks can look a bit different at other photos since the sea surface increases and decreases because of the inflow and outflow. Hope this answers your question.

Please, mark only animals you're sure they aren't rocks. Check out the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more details about classifying difficult images.

Thanks for all your effort! Enjoy the counting 😃

Zuzi

Posted

Thanks for the response. The penguin at the back pointed toward the sea, the beck seems in line to the lead of a seal ... nose, jaw and eye? I know there are rocks there as i have seen them appear and disappear before and maybe it is a play of light ... or imagination? Counting penguins is addictive. In seven months hope to be setting foot on a boat to take me there!!!!! am I excited !!!!
    😃 😃 😃 😃 hell yes!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to coldcounter's comment.

Haha, well, it must be just your imagination. I see a rock with no eyes nor nose 😉

Fingers crossed for your journey anyway! You deserve it 😃

Zuzi

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

Here's an image that does have a seal in it: http://talk.penguinwatch.org/#/subjects/APZ0004o5y

Good luck!

Posted

Now it is my turn to say "but it looks like a rock" 😉 😃. In future they are all rocks ... unless of course, they're a seal!
    Deb

Posted