Penguin Watch Talk

Problem marking ship

• Kizzieswizz by Kizzieswizz

When i clicked on the ship the blue marker appeared in the wrong place then disappeared, tried again and the same thing kept happening, then realised it was adding ships so now 7 listed. I am not sure what i am doing wrong.

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Hello Kizzieswizz,

I am sorry to hear about this problem. I do not think that it is caused by something that you have done.. Firstly do not worry about the 7 marks. Several people mark each picture so all should be well.

To help the developers to find the problem please can you:

• Try using a different browser (especially if you have been using Firefox) and let me know if that proves successful

Tell me:

• What type of machine you are using(we've had problems with some android systems due to their variability)
    • What operating system you are using
    • What browser, and browser version you are using (try using www.whatbrowser.org )

Many thanks, I hope we can get this sorted for you. Sometimes the problems fix themselves as versions of browsers change.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

This kind of behaviour happens to me while using touch device (tablet) and marking object close to the image margins on another project, Plankton Portal. The marks jump behind the margin and so they cannot be removed or edited anyhow.

Z.

Posted

Thanks so much yshish! Now I know more myself 😃

Posted

Hi
    Using a Samsung taplet 10 pro
    Operating system android and browser chrome
    As yshish says it is touchpad. I can't enlarge the images so i have to skip those that are too small. The margin thing happens as well where you cannot confirm the mark as the icon is behind the edge , you can create the mark offset, move it over then tap elsewhere on the screen. Sets first one, creates new one which you then delete. A bit of a fuss but gets the job done.

Posted

That's very useful to know Kizzieswizz, thank you for that. I'll make a note of it. And great that you are happy to carry on helping - we are getting so many pictures classified each day that we will get information to Dr Hart so much faster. 😃

Posted

Far more productive than pyramid solitaire !

Posted

😄 😄 😄 You are right about that!!!

Posted