Penguin Watch Talk

ID number

• mirrordrum by mirrordrum

Can't find ID # to report a problem. I have date and time at top but no ID # to the side. Thanks.

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

@mirrordrum. Please just tell us what problem you wish to report. Something related to this image?
    The ID for this image is APZ0006ua4.
    Thank you,
    Gardenmaeve, Moderator

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

I see from your comments on the Talk for that image that you are concerned about moisture on the lens. There are many hundreds (likely thousands) of slightly to completely obscured lens photos, since these images are made by automated cameras in a region of some of the worst weather in the world.

Relax though, because Penguin Watch knows how to hande such useful photos. All nest sites are already mapped by the scientists, so even marks on a tiny part of an image can be added to the body of knowledge we are rapidly accumulating. No need to worry or report these photos. Simply follow the FAQs for such things: Mark everything you can mark accurately, then include obscured penguins with "Too many penguins to count". If you can't mark anything because the whole lens is covered, of course you'd want to choose "I can't tell".

Either way, next click "Finish", then move on to another image- we hope a nice clear one.😃 Oh yes- the ID number is not necessary when you make comments or ask questions in the Talk comments box or open a Discussion board from the image you're wondering about. It's listed clearly in large blue numbers and letters directly over the top left corner of the image just so you know. If you want to collect a special image so you can find it again, click "Collect".

Thanks for your help and the care you are taking. Do check those FAQs, and do enjoy this wonderful project with us.

Posted