Penguin Watch Talk

blurry image

• alwaysinajam by alwaysinajam

Is the blur a penguin who is too close to the camera? I can imagine a beak and it has a penguin shape, too.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to alwaysinajam's comment.

Nope, it is actually snow on the camera lens. All the cameras are attached to a pole, high above the ground. You can see another camera in the left part of the image and a Gentoo penguin standing below. The pole is secured with rocks so it is not very likely to fall down to let the penguins get this close 😃

When you get an image like this where the view is obscured, please, mark as much penguins as you can (if you see any) and then use the Too many to count choice. If the image is so obscured that you cannot see a single penguin, then use the I can't tell answer for the first question please.

Thanks a lot for all your help 😃
    Enjoy the project!

Zuzi

Posted

• alwaysinajam by alwaysinajam

I am having a ball! And thanks for taking the time to answer. The tutorial could be expanded to cover odd situations like this or you could just automatically direct volunteers to the FAQ immediately after they finish the tutorial. I am sorry that I didn't look for the FAQ's myself. I could have avoided asking the question and taking up your time.

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

FAQs cover it all very well, thanks. We're glad you are enjoying this scientific project.

Posted