Penguin Watch Talk

Results of monitoring

• Gonghita by Gonghita

Hi everybody! How do I know my work is useful and correct? I have registered today and I have monitored approx 10 photos. Is this helpful? Will anybody contact me to check if what I am doing is right.

Thank you! 

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

Welcome, @Gonghita - Thank you for registering and checking in with us.

We cannot see or check your classifications. Several other people will also classify every one that you have done, so no worries. The final classifications are amazingly accurate.

The best way to feel confident you are proceeding correctly is to:

1. Become thoroughly familiar with the FAQs, and apply them faithfully. We continually improve and upgrade these, so it's wise for everyone to keep reviewing them. Repeat the Tutorial as often as needed to remind yourself what you are asked to do.

2. Read the questions, answers, and observations in the Recent comments and discussions. See if you understand why a person is advised to mark a certain image a certain way.

3. It's very easy to miss animals, vessels, and humans. Go slowly. There is no hurry!

4. Ask questions. Both the volunteers and moderators are happy to help you understand what you are seeing and what to do. We're friendly and kind here.

5. Have fun. Enjoy the beautiful photos and fascinating animals of Antarctica.

6. If you need help understanding or prefer to ask privately, send a Private Message (see the tiny envelope, top right?) to a moderator.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

And yes, everyone's classification is helpful. No matter how many penguins you mark, no matter how many images you classify. But of course: the more the better! 😉

Thanks for your efforts, hope you enjoy the project 😃

Posted

I like the way you said that, @yshish: "...everyone's classification is helpful. No matter how many penguins you mark, no matter how many images you classify..."

Posted

• Gonghita by Gonghita

Oh this sounds great, I am so glad to give my contribution. Thank you very much for your help @yshish @gardenmaeve !!!!!

Posted

You're very welcome. We appreciate all the help!

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

I agree with @yshish and @gardenmaeve your help, and the help of all of our volunteers, is very much valued 😃

Posted