Penguin Watch Talk

My Collections

• Enya4 by Enya4 translator

If you have any doubt about which specie the penguins on your picture belong to, you can check out my collections as well as "The Parade", scroll down!

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

Hi again, @Enya4 . Did you have a question for us?

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Hi @Enya4 thank you for inviting us to see your collections. That's a very clever idea to collect them by species! Very helpful to others too. If you keep collecting you will notice very interesting things like the different colours of their chicks. And even how they keep their eggs and chicks warm which is different between some of the types of penguins here (check out the Macaronis!).

You will spot the Chinstraps singing together, the Macaronis often stand very close together, and the Gentoos turn up at odd places all through the year.

Don't forget to collect things like very cute chick creches where they all cuddle up together to keep warm 😃 Sometimes there are other birds in the picture, skuas and gulls and sheathbills, so you might want a collection for them. Are you going to collect pictures of people visiting sites?

Good luck with your collections! 😃

Posted

• Enya4 by Enya4 translator

Thank you for this very interesting and informative message. Well, I haven't had any picture with people visiting sites yet, but if I do, I will definatly create a new collection!
    I haven't had many birds on pictures yet, which is why I haven't made many collections on birds yet! 😃

Posted

• Enya4 by Enya4 translator in response to gardenmaeve's comment.

No, I don't, but i find it great that you are able to take pictures of penguins at night! 😃

Posted