Penguin Watch Talk

difficulty answering questions

• mistyfriday by mistyfriday

Only the 1 pen. on the very right is in the markable area. If it had been back just a bit more I would not have been able to mark it. So when the question comes up are there any penguins, yet they are too far back to mark because the markable area is restricted, do I say no when in reality there are penguins present.?

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

if you can see a penguin there, even a portion of it, then mark it. but if they are only in the shaded area, then click on the other button.

Posted

• mistyfriday by mistyfriday

I understand that, marking only if in the allowed area but what is getting me is the question at the very beginning. Are there any penguins? 1) Yes, 2 ) no 3 ) I can't tell. Well, yes, there are penguins. So I mark yes. But then they are out of the designated area. So then it asks if I marked all or if there were too many to mark. Well, if I said they were there because they were, but I couldn't mark them, I obviously couldn't mark them all and saying there were too many to mark wouldn't be correct either. I want to know what is the correct response. What is the project looking for? I want my work to be as useful as it possibly can so I don't want to assume to answer a specific way and have that way be incorrect. Perhaps I am making a mountain out of a molehill. Thanks for any help offered.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

OK. If there are no penguins (or parts of their bodies) in the area where you can classify, but you can see some in the shaded part, than click on the NO button, because the scientists don't care about animals in the shaded area. I hope my answer is clear enough.

Thank you for your hard work!

Posted