Penguin Watch Talk

This is my project

• Jmcilwee by Jmcilwee

This is a picture of where the penguins live. There are so many of them, and I think that was a great idea to focus on the penguins in the foreground rather than the penguins in the background. I like this picture, because penguins are my favorite animal.

Posted

• Jmcilwee by Jmcilwee

These penguins are all emperor penguins, and you can tell, because they're all big with yellow chin and cheek feathers. Emperor Penguins live in snowy Antarctica, and they have feathers to keep them warm, and blubber under their feathers to keep them warm while swimming.

Posted

• Jmcilwee by Jmcilwee

I think this project has been great for me, and I've done a great job of finding all the penguins I could see in the part where they wanted me to do this. The only odd thing about these penguins is that the father is the one who sits on the eggs, while the mother finds food for the chicks.

Posted

• Jmcilwee by Jmcilwee

All these penguins are marching everywhere, and I think they're probably looking for a place to have they're very own home. Penguins need a place on the ice and snow to lay their eggs, and find food.

Posted

• Jmcilwee by Jmcilwee

Penguins eat fish from the icy cold ocean in Antarctica, and they have the already chewed fish for their babies.

Posted

• Jmcilwee by Jmcilwee

There are other things about penguins that I don't really know, but I'll find out sometime when I get a chance. Anyways, penguins can't fly, but they can swim, and they also have big bellies which they use to slide around on the ice, and I think that's a good way to get downhill for penguins.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

Hi @Jmcilwee

These are actually King penguins, not Emperors. You can tell because the chicks are all brown with no white patches and not grey with black and white heads like the Emperor ones.

We're glad you find this project great and enjoyable! Thank you.

Zuzi

Posted

• Nickypeng by Nickypeng moderator

Hi @jmcilwee
    Penguins are my favorite animal too. Did you know there are 18 different species of penguin living all around the Southern hemisphere? There are even penguins living in Australia!
    Keep up the good work with your counting.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Thank you for sharing your project, @Jmcilwee!

Posted