Penguin Watch Talk

What is the status of how we are doing??

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

Is it possible for someone to update us somehow on how we are doing? such as 30% complete, etc like some of the other projects do. with over 9,000 volunteers and only 200,000 photos even if each photo had to be reviewed by 100 volunteers each volunteer would have to review 2,222 photos and we should be done. I realize that some photos may now be split into many moe photos, but I would also think that someone should be taking out the photos that have been flagged as having no penguins. There is obviously more to it than that. Also, is there a deadline as to when the task is to be completed so that the analysis can be performed?

Also, could someone explain a little better as to how many people have to review the same photo, does someone review the ones that we mark as No Penguins and then take those photos out so the other 9,000 volunteers do not have to review those.

I realize that once the scientist return from their trip they will have many more photos to upload for review, so was just curious.

I little more info would be appreciated. I apologize if this info is already somewhere else and I just missed it.
    Thanks so much

Posted

• Singingway by Singingway

I agree, plus I think a feedback feature could be added, so we learn how to do it better and better. For example, taking a photo we've marked and showing us what would be better decisions.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to Singingway's comment.

Hi. I'll repost your questions to the scientists and ask them for their statement.
    Z.

Posted