Penguin Watch Talk

Pierre jouvertin

• Magallena by Magallena

Hi I’m trying to get In Touch with him about penguin eye contact. He’s retired but does anyone have any contact details for him thanks

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

Hello,
    I will relay your query to Dr. Tom Hart.

You may find it helpful to contact one of his publishers

Posted

@Magallena,
    Dr. Hart asks that you please be so kind as to send him an email requesting the contact information for Pierre Jouventin to either:
    schools@penguinwatch.org or contact@penguinwatch.org .

Thank you,

gardenmaeve

Posted

• Magallena by Magallena in response to gardenmaeve's comment.

Wow thank you so much for being so helpful.

Posted

• Magallena by Magallena in response to gardenmaeve's comment.

Call me Mrs Thicko but why are some of the images that appear for me to work on dated so long ago? Am I still in the 'learning how to' part of the system? Thanks in advance for your tolerance

Posted

You're most welcome, @Magallena .

It may help you understand to know that cameras are, in some cases, left unattended for a year or so before the Research Team can travel back to change out batteries and photo cards. Once the Team returns home they must go through all fo them- so many thousands of images- giving each one location indicators and individual numbers, then to upload them onto Zooniverse, then to be released a batch at a time for us to classify. It isn't a quick process in a project to encompassing. All this intensive work while continuing all other obligations of personal and professional life! 😃 This is huge undertaking. I'm grateful to be part of it.

Posted