Penguin Watch Talk

Couple of things

• Indiana64 by Indiana64

Just tried first few photos. First was not yet a member and wanted to discuss but was not able. Could not get back to photo after signed up. Anyway, it was a photo of what I marked as 25 penguins on a small island. I think there probably were more but did not know how to mark the photo accordingly. As to this picture, it may be there are some seals there, but I'm not sure. Thanks.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to Indiana64's comment.

Hi @Indiana64

I'm sorry I have no access to the classified images to tell you whether your classification was correct or not. But you don't have to worry about any mistakes since each image is classified by several users.

If you think there can be more penguins but not sure, you can click on the 'Too many to count' button after the classification (for example at the night and blurry images), so the scientists will know there can be more.

As for this image, I can't see any animals there. The 'seals' you were talking about are probably just rocks, but hard to tell for sure from such unclear image. (But you can rarely see them in these images. If you saw one, just mark it as some of the listed Other animals, like skua or Kelp Gull. Thanks!)

Zuzi

Posted