Penguin Watch Talk

More Stats Would be Great to See

• msyfoopoo99 by msyfoopoo99

I would love to see more stats.... total photos yet to classify, number of times each photo is classified, list of all users who have volunteered to count and their stats of photos processed, number of penguins counted, date ranges of photos that are being classified, number of photos never classified in queue, number of photos finished being classified, number of photos w/o penguins, etc...

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to msyfoopoo99's comment.

Hi @msyfoopoo99

Asking the scientists for some stats to provide if possible. Let's hope there is some of that available for you.

Thanks for your interest in the project. Enjoy the counting,

Zuzi

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator in response to msyfoopoo99's comment.

I think PW celebrated a million classifications (i.e photos) about a week or so ago. It will be nice to see more though! 😃
    As yshish says - happy counting!

Posted

• caitlin.black by caitlin.black moderator, scientist, admin

Hey guys,

Here are some stats I do have as of January 29, 2014:

-1,095,908 classifications
    -11,600 users
    -Site traffic to date: 103,271
    -Total subjects needing classification: 175,802
    -63% complete
    -Talk comments: 15,371
    -Commenting users: 1,851

The rest of the stats are not yet determined because we are only 63% complete. I will be sure to send updates in a few months when we have more complete stats and beautiful graphs.

Cheers!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Thanks, Caitlin!

I can add one more, since I've been looking at January stats: Penguin Watch had a great January, probably in large part thanks to that fantastic publicity that we got. We exceeded the monthly average for classifications (108%), one of only four projects to do so (it's hard because the first month of classifications heavily frontloads that average, especially for a newer project.)

In other words: GREAT JANUARY, GUYS! 😃

Posted

• msyfoopoo99 by msyfoopoo99

Thanks @caitlin.black for the current stats. Would love to see these stats as part of the P.W./Zooniverse, on a separate page we can check as the project proceeds. It is good for me to see the progress as a volunteer. Not sure other volunteers feel the same way. Please consider adding a stat page. Thanks.

Posted

• Nickypeng by Nickypeng moderator

Just in case you aren't aware (it took me a while before I found it!) - you can check out your own classification count on the Zooniverse website.
    Just sign in and look under "projects".

Posted