Penguin Watch Talk

Annika: our youngest zooites, on DailyZoo!

• DZM by DZM admin

Finally got to feature this!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to DZM's comment.

Oh, that's really awesome post!! I'm so happy for Annika and glad she's part of the PW community! πŸ˜ƒ

Z.

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Oh fabulous DZM - I'm so very very happy for Annika and her dad Nick. That's a really special dailyzoo, and I have photo-snipped it to keep it as a happy memory in my PenguinWatch Gallery.

Annika - you are an inspiration, and I do so hope that your classmates enjoyed your '100' special edition of PenguinWatch. You are a great penguinologist and Zooite. Carry on the very good work. I am sure that your parents are very proud of you. πŸ˜„

Posted

• nthrockmorton by nthrockmorton

"Thank you, thank you! Thank you for letting me count penguins!" [Annika]
    We really appreciate all the time you all have put in to make this such a great experience for Annika. Without the chat, we wouldn't have stuck with it for nearly so long!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to nthrockmorton's comment.

You're very welcome! πŸ˜ƒ It's always fun to reply your questions, Annika! You're a very smart girl!

Cheers,

Zuzi

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator in response to nthrockmorton's comment.

That's so kind of you to say so Annika and Dad. And I am so glad that you have enjoyed staying with the penguins. They are such a bunch of mad and funny characters, even though they do not realize this themselves. And they cannot say 'thank you' for the help you are giving to them, so I will say it for them...'thank you very much Annika and Dad'....

My friendly penguin Simon agrees.... http://imageshack.com/a/img540/1133/UyXR62.jpg Best wishes, Joan

Posted

"That's a penguin! I have a penguin like that penguin!" [Annika]

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I am melting from the cute. πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

Tonight we had a special dinner recommended by Dr. Tom Hart. Annika sent him a card a few months ago asking some questions and one question was, "Scientists--what do you guys eat?". He replied this week:

What do we eat? It depends – if we are camping, we eat freeze dried
    food a lot like this: you can try it here:
    http://www.rei.com/product/722473/mountain-house-lasagna-with-meat-sauce-pro-pak-2-servings
    http://www.rei.com/product/722165/backpackers-pantry-dark-chocolate-cheesecake-2-servings
    If we are on the yacht, it’s like home –cooked food, but lots of rice and pasta because that gives us lots of energy and we can store
    it for a long time. If we are on one of the ships, that’s like a
    restaurant, very posh food! We hitch lifts on tour ships, so that’s
    people on holiday.

We picked the freeze dried food he mentioned at a camping store and had a special Antarctica dinner and they were surprisingly--no, shockingly--good! So if you want to eat like you are in Antarctica, we recommend the lasagna. πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to nthrockmorton's comment.

Oh, what a great idea! Thanks for sharing Tom's answer. I'm sure many others would like to try such a dinner themselves πŸ˜ƒ

Zuzi

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator in response to nthrockmorton's comment.

Glad to hear you have a 'Simon' at home Annika πŸ˜ƒ Every home is better for having a penguin AND an penguinologist! πŸ˜‰

And a big thank you for letting us share in a scientist's frozen dinner. Even though the lasagne sounds good I'm sure they do enjoy the odd lift on a tourist ship πŸ˜‰

Posted

• penguinTom79 by penguinTom79 scientist, admin

Hi Guys,
    Glad to help! The other thing you might like is flapjacks, which for you guys are like cliff bars and freeze dried apricots.
    Cheers,
    Tom

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Hi Tom! Flapjacks - yummy - just the best! (I used to go on a summer caving expedition to Northern Spain - pan fried flapjack was a fine feature and much loved.) πŸ˜ƒ

Posted