Penguin Watch Talk

Hans Hanson

• nthrockmorton by nthrockmorton

"Is that the Hans Hanson?" [ANNIKA] I believe she is wondering if the people are coming from the Hans Hanson, since Zuzi mentioned at one time that Dr. Tom was getting on the Hans Hanson.

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Hello Annika! I am impressed that you recall Zuzi mentioning the Hans Hansson. I hope I have found the right vessel: http://www.goldenfleecexp.co.fk/english/hh_specs_en.html It is a very small ship carrying just 18 people in all. I imagine that this makes it easier for Dr Tom and Dr Caitlin to stay in certain places as and when they need to.

The group in the picture look to be with one of the large expeditions (perhaps Quark who kindly donated the prize for the competition that they held for us this year). Those large ships carry over 500 passengers and probably have to keep to a tight schedule. I do know that Dr Tom has mentioned that he sometimes travels with Quark too.

Happy counting 😃 Joan

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

😃 Well, both Tom and Caitlin have been travelling on Hans Hanson during their current fieldwork. They went to South Georgia, and Tom should be going to another location on that ship about these days!

Posted