Penguin Watch Talk

time stamp

• lesleylupo by lesleylupo

I noticed that the time stamp is two years old at least, the same for all the photos. Is this data relevant? And are we ever going to see ones from this year?
    Thanks,
    Lesley

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Hi Lesley,

We've seen pictures from the following Antarctic summers which span from about October to April:

• 2012 to 2013
    • 2013 to 2014 (still a few pictures to finish marking)
    • 2014 to 2015 (still have 5% to finish marking, this picture comes from these dates)
    • and the latest summer from 2015 to 2016 (pictures are being loaded ready for marking, once we have cleared the others from previous years)

We are trying to compare each year to the next year to see if penguin numbers are becoming greater, or if they are reducing. The changes are assessed in different areas because there might be different changes caused by many other factors. So this information is still very relevant. For example, some waters have now been protected from human fishing to help the penguins and we need to see if that change has been enough to help the penguins of that area.

I hope that we will see the new pictures soon, but it is not possible to give an exact date. Thank you so much for your help with the current pictures. I can assure you that all of you work will help science to care for the penguins.

Posted

• lesleylupo by lesleylupo

Not a problem, just me being curious... Adelies are my favorite!
    Thanks!

Lesley

Posted