Penguin Watch Talk

favorites

• jennfurr by jennfurr

I'm having problems viewing my favorites. I'm signed in, but the only favorites that are showing are from Wisconsin wildlife... no penguins.

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Hi jenfurr,
    This sounds like a problem of old v new forum. I'll just do a quick try-out and be back shortly.

Yes - it's as I thought.

For this project (which is not yet on Panoptes Talk) the system is:

1. From the classification page you can get to 'Profile' which takes you just to your 'recents' and 'favourites'. And it's only the pics from this project that you will find there. Plankton Portal is the same. In fact a few older projects are the same.

2. From the classification page if you go to 'Discuss'* you will see an option at the top which also says 'Profile'. This is completely different to the 'Profile' above. You get the 'comments' pictures, your messages, discussion boards that you've left a message on, and a few of your collections-for-Penguin-Watch-only. (*On Plankton the word is 'Talk' rather than 'Discuss')

You can view other people's collections by clicking on their name.

Hope this helps 😄

Posted

• jennfurr by jennfurr

ahhhh thank you. nothing like the same word meaning different things! and now I can show my kids the mass of King penguins I ran across. thanks!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to jennfurr's comment.

Oh, happy to hear your kids are interested in penguins! Bring them to classifying 😃

Posted

Yeh! In fact our youngest penguinologist is Annika (perhaps she is 4 years old now?) ;D

http://daily.zooniverse.org/2015/02/24/meet-annika-our-youngest-zooite/

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to AvastMH's comment.

Actually we have even a younger classifier of penguins here! It's Annika's younger brother Pierce, who's only 2 years old! 😃

Posted

Oh I wondered if Pierce was a brother - how exciting. 2 years old eh? What a wonderful duo they make 😄 😄 😄

Let us know if you youth/s have a bash - we should call them the 'Penguin Creche Counters' ;D

Posted

• nthrockmorton by nthrockmorton

"We would join the Creche Counters!" [Annika with her brother Pierce sitting alongside] 😃 😃

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

😃

Posted