Penguin Watch Talk

Automatic zoom when I click on an adult - chick or egg (not on other)

• lostris87 by lostris87

Normally when I clicked on adults - chicks and eggs I could directly click on the next adult and etc. Now when I click it automatically zooms in and I have to do a second action to close the zoom in order to click on the next penguin. This is really annoying because it means that I do two clicks per penguin. Is this something new? Can it be turned off?

Many thanks in advance
    Liza

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

LIza, I'm so sorry you are having this annoying trouble. May I suggest you try clearing your history, cache, cookies, etc.? Nothing has been changed here.

If you still have trouble after following my suggestion, do please tell us what browser you are using and what kind of device so we can help you solve the issue.

Posted

• lostris87 by lostris87

Good morning,

Today it is back to normal, thankfully. But for future information this is not the first time it has happened and currently I am using mozilla firefox.

Next time I will try your suggestion first. Thank you!

Posted

• lostris87 by lostris87

I spoke to quickly because when I got back to classifying after my above message, it happened again. I have switched to internet explorer. Will see how that goes.....

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

Firefox usually works well here, but IE has multiple problems when used for most Zooniverse projects. Please, follow the suggestions above... discussed more deeply in our FAQs.Technical Problems. Clearing cache, etc. and working in a Private Window are basic and effective cures for the problem you describe. Your device is handling many, many pieces of information when working with classifying, so it needs to be cleared frequently.

Please let us know if you still have problems after following the FAQ suggestions linked in this post.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

@lostris87 From your first post, it isn't clear... Did you mean that after placing a mark, it zooms in and when you click somewhere else, out of the zoom circle to place a new mark, it doesn't work unless you close the zoom manually? Thanks!

Posted