Penguin Watch Talk

Help with PenguinWatchers from Russia

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Hello Darren, and all others,
    Is there any chance of trying to find someone who can help with comments arriving in Russian text and languae. We are managing to interpret their questions via google translate - but ofcourse our replies are in English. I could try a reply via google/t but I've seen what it does before and I'm not confident..
    THANK YOU to anyone ho can shine light into this linguistic darnkess! πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to AvastMH's comment.

Hey @AvastMH -- afraid that I don't know any Russia, and I don't think we have any Russian-speakers on staff. πŸ˜•

Google Translate is better than you might think, as long as you write in very simple sentences. (The new volunteers might not think to do so, but you can tailor your responses to translate well by writing very simply!)

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to DZM's comment.

Agree with Darren. I think I could manage replying them however I don't speak Russian. I do understand many Russian words which are similar to my language and can read their alphabet approximately. The translator is very helpful.

Posted

• Forst by Forst

Russian is my native language, would I be able to help?

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to Forst's comment.

Oh, great!! πŸ˜ƒ That would be really nice of you. When you'll notice a question in Russian, feel free to reply it - or translate to English if you wanted us to reply that.

Бпасибо!! πŸ˜ƒ

Zuzi

Posted

• Forst by Forst in response to yshish's comment.

If I do, I certainly will :> Or just poke me whenever needed.

Posted

OK πŸ˜ƒ Will save a link to your profile haha! πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

Thank you Darren, thank you Yshish, and especially thank you Forst! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• saprykin by saprykin translator

Feel free to ask me any help with Russian language, too πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

Saprykin - Thank you! That's very kind! We'll let you know if a question pops up.
    Happy counting! πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• HJM by HJM

Having trouble using MacBook for these tasks- overlapping pictures, id strips etc. Any suggestions? Thanks, Hilary

Posted

Hi @Forst and @saprykin

We're actually looking for a volunteer who would be happy to translate all the PW texts (except those in the Talk) to Russian language. Please, let me know if you wanted to do it for us and I'll send you the details.

Many thanks,

Zuzi

Posted