Penguin Watch Talk

Penguin Population mapping

• Zoomngirl by Zoomngirl

I was a the newly created citizenscience.gov site (USA based) and found another Penguin site. MAPPPD. It allows the user to look at data for colony counts and nesting sites on 4 types of penguins. It will be fascinating to compare some of the nesting sites with our sites. It provides a source for the data, so its possible that the 2 sites may be linked by penguinwatch being one of the sources from which the data modeling is done.

http://www.penguinmap.org/

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Hi zoomngirl! That's very interesting and thank you for the links and information 😃

I will need to ask the scientists for a reply to this query. That might take a little while due to workloads.

If you would like to see Dr Hart talking briefly (about 30 minutes) on the results/ongoing work of PW check this video of his talk at ZooCon2015 (at 3hours 5 minutes to about 3 hours 34 minutes)

Thank you again zoomngirl 😃

Posted

• Zoomngirl by Zoomngirl

Thank you for checking AvastMH. Of course there is no hurry for a response. It is a curiosity more than anything else. As I examine the data I would be more apt to look at "our" data first. As I explore the site a bit more, if I see that Penguinwatch was a source I will link that back here also.

I have watch Dr. Hart's youtube video's but not his ZooCon. Thanks for the link.

Posted