Penguin Watch Talk

Subject: APZ0000c3j

Subject APZ0000c3j Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• bienle123 by bienle123

Is it a problem of the camera, that it seems so often that they stand lean? Or do they really stand like this and it is stormy?

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

Not sure what you meant. Do they seem lean to you?

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Perhaps these penguins are just teasing us? 😃 They are trying to make us think that it is the camera lens 😃 Cheeky 😃

Posted

But.. what should be wrong with them? They seem to look ordinary to me!:] I can't see anything weird here. Really.

Posted

• bienle123 by bienle123

But dont you see that they dont stand upright? Upright would be 90 degee but at least the biggest and the one behind him have an ancle of ca

Posted

• bienle123 by bienle123

80 degrees. Thats what I am wondering about! I have never seen at another penguin sort. But the King penguins

Posted

Haha, I got it! I'm sorry I didn't understand your 'stand lean';the translator told me a different meaning which didn't make any sense to me

Posted

The camera pole isn't always upright. No need to worry about that:) It was just misunderstanding (as usually)

Posted

• bienle123 by bienle123

So its, as i supposed, really a problem of the camera?

Posted

I don't find it a problem at all 😉

Posted

• bienle123 by bienle123

I always develop a sort of heavy list, and a bit of seasickness, when I see them standing like this! 😄

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Imagine how the penguins feel - every hour they have to stand at a tilt just to tease us (I'm joking of course!) 😃

Posted

• bienle123 by bienle123

Who knows? 😄 I mean, very often they are also upright.

Posted

• Shiphrah by Shiphrah

Here's another discussion about leaning king penguins: APZ0000bo0

Posted

Nesting, that pose is typical when they're keeping an egg.. Have to go off. Sorry.

Posted