Penguin Watch Talk

Subject: APZ0001wbn

Subject APZ0001wbn Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• Motherjoanne by Motherjoanne

Aren't there any agreements on tourists keeping their distance from penguins? These guys seem way too close.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

Some people just don't behave by rules..... 😕

Posted

• fred_neill by fred_neill

Yes, they are close - ? the reason why you have a "lump" of penguins at the top?

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

It would be nice if some of the tourist companies saw some of these shots in order to politely warn the visitors to behave!!!

Posted

• bienle123 by bienle123

Some tourists just keep rules when there is an authority that forces them to pay a painful lot of money if they brake the rules. If there is

Posted

• bienle123 by bienle123

just a "silly" tourist guide they feel free to brake any rules.

Posted

• GinGin by GinGin

Why not collect images like this one and show them to the companies that offer trips to that place!?

Posted

• GinGin by GinGin

(cont'd) I'm sure the scientists behind this project would agree that it's important to stop people from disturbing the penguins like this.

Posted

• bienle123 by bienle123

I think that this is what has happened already. But the key problem is how do you force people to keep the rule, who dont want to keep rules

Posted

To be honest, I'm not sure how much serious the problem is.I read that presence of humans helps to protect penguins from predator attacks

Posted

but it can disturb them while nesting too.I'd say that among other things this project could help to figure out how much it affects penguins

Posted

• giordano17 by giordano17

#cruise #vessel #humans

Posted

• Karincat by Karincat

Humans too close -

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

They do look to be close - they should have a guide with them though. Regulations are very firm. I hope! 😕

Posted

• juliebugs1 by juliebugs1

looks very invasive on the penguins

Posted