Penguin Watch Talk

Subject: APZ0002nrm

Subject APZ0002nrm Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• etsmith1 by etsmith1

I marked this as a human, but it is not. It's some sort of ungulate, but the only options were birds, humans, and vessels.

Posted

• caitlin.black by caitlin.black moderator, scientist, admin

No worries! We weren't expecting to see those!

Posted

• Achau by Achau

haha, i also marked human. I agree it looks like some sort of ungulate live stock

Posted

• PrairieGirl by PrairieGirl

I have found that if you mark it as Other, do not specify what it is, and click OK on the Other list, it will accept the mark.

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

marked it as human since I guess it was human beans that put it there. 😃

Posted

• BellisP by BellisP

apparently they are reindeer! http://talk.penguinwatch.org/#/subjects/APZ0002njm

Posted

• PenguinHila by PenguinHila scientist, translator

Yes! You can actually do a little internet research on invasive reindeer in South Georgia. Interesting history and many issues too...

Posted

• catkf by catkf

no penguins here but a goat type in the middle....

Posted

• Mumwatch by Mumwatch

What is that animal? It wasn't one listed on the drop down.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

It's written in the comments below: a #reindeer. Please, read other comments before asking. You can mark it as any of listed other animals.

Posted

• Frank_Brown by Frank_Brown

Rudolf???

Posted

Not sure - might be Prancer or Dancer - difficult to say in this light... 😄 (Is that the shadow of the sleigh at the bottom?) 😃

Posted

• Grade2WaimeaHeightsPrimary by Grade2WaimeaHeightsPrimary

What type of deer is this?

Posted

• Motherjoanne by Motherjoanne

Oh Moderators, your patience is so admirable! My thanks for your putting up with us all.

Posted

Hello Grade2WaimeaHeightsPrimary...and welcome to PW! In Tasmania you are a lot closer to penguins than here in the UK - lucky you 😃

Posted

I hope you enjoy this project. And DO PLEASE ask us plenty of questions. This animal has got us all very confused. It should be a

Posted

a reindeer, but when you see it a bit closer it is very much like a Roe Deer. There have been a lot of messages about it, and we may never

Posted

be sure. So here is a better picture of it and two friends: http://talk.penguinwatch.org/#/subjects/APZ0002njm Happy counting!

Posted

Hi Motherjoanne! No problems at all... it's so much fun. And very funny when pictures come around again and get a whole new life with

Posted

more enquiries 😃 I really liked the whole 'Rudolf' thread. 😃 Perhaps we are all as mad-cap as some of the funny penguins we see? 😃

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

@Motherjoanne Haha, thanks, I'm very well trained by my class:]

Posted

• mhwallace01 by mhwallace01

lookd like a 4 legged mammal with light brown fur - reindeer don't live in southern hemisphere, do they? also looks like shadow of tripod

Posted

Hi mhwallace01. Yes - definitely camera stand, and we should not be seeing ungulates here, but they were brought here a century or

Posted