Penguin Watch Talk

Subject: APZ0003acn

Subject APZ0003acn Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• profdameron by profdameron

I assumed gray ones were chicks, black and white were adults. If wrong, discard my counts!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

Oh my!

The guy in the bottom left corner is that chick with pale head we were so curious how it will look like when grows up!! 😄

Posted

• mkmcguir by mkmcguir

WOW he is cute.

Posted

Sorry for that, I just couldn't resist as I saw it's shinning head feathers there;) Back to your notes! The fluffy guys with grey heads and

Posted

cheeks(around eyes) with dirty white stomachs and grey backs are chicks! Adults have black and white feathers and black strip over the chin

Posted

Oh, and look at those poop-arts all around! 😃 .. #Dailyzoo for the albino head chick!

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

WOWEEEEE - WHAT A FIND - I SOMETIMES THINK OF HIM...AND HERE HE IS. YESSSSSSSSS!!!

Posted

Did anyone put this on the science board please?

Posted

I think there was/were some thread/s about albino penguins a few months ago.. You can try your luck on the Search page 😉

Posted

BTW. I've collected some Chinstrap penguins with pale heads, but most of them are just normal chicks I'm afraid.. But also some of this one

Posted

Here they are: http://talk.penguinwatch.org/#/collections/CPZS0000in

Posted

"You can try your luck on the Search page"...ummmmm perhaps not...it wins every time!

Posted

That's why I don't volunteer this time 😉 (Sorry for that!)

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

Suggest checking the difference between "albino" and "leucistic" as discussed here: http://birding.about.com/od/identifyingbirds/a/leucism.htm

Posted

Yes, that is the thing we were talking about!! Thanks for the word 😃 #leucistic

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

You're welcome.

Posted