Penguin Watch Talk

Subject: APZ0004u9z

Subject APZ0004u9z Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• GrosKanar by GrosKanar

DensitΓ© approximative de 8,72 pingouins au mΒ² ! ! ! πŸ˜„

Posted

• coldcounter by coldcounter

Ce coolony est le plus grand dans le monde et estimΓ©e Γ  plus de 500.000 oiseaux πŸ˜„

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

8.72 au m2 - impressive! πŸ˜„

Posted

• Natureview by Natureview

@Coldcounter: isn't that St Andrews Bay? That one is larger as Salisbury Plain... I thought Salisbury had 'only' 60.000 breeding pairs

Posted

Hi Natureview - if you check through Dr Hart's blogs you might find a picture and name for it. I just located a few sites that way πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• Natureview by Natureview

I meant that St Andrews is bigger as Salisbury. I don't dare to say which one is this. But if it's Salisbury I don't think its the biggest

Posted

Oh right - I just find that whole area totally mind boggling, the numbers are so big - thankfully! πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

In other shots of this the camera is angled slightly higher and there is a break in the hummocks in the background.... I stood in that break

Posted

and I thought it was at Salisbury ... but I will check my images and confirm one way or the other πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ (tomorrow .... πŸ˜ƒ )

Posted

• Bioluminiscence by Bioluminiscence

THAT'S SO MANY PENGUINS OMG

Posted

But your allowed to stop after 30, highest count = about 740 πŸ˜‰ they are a magnificent sight πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

OK ... I've checked my pics and notes ... I am confident that this is Salisbury Plain because as I said there is a break in other pics with

Posted

a tilted angle of this showing a break in the hummocks and that is where I am pretty sure I stood but if DR Tom says otherwise I won't

Posted

argue πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ the naturalist on my visit gave us the figures of up to 500,000 birds making it one of the largest ... mind you

Posted

Saint Andrew's felt just as big too .... but it also felt more open than here. πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ Either way .... it is definitely South Georgia πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„

Posted