Penguin Watch Talk

Subject: APZ0005tp5

Subject APZ0005tp5 Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• coldcounter by coldcounter

#muddy_feet on back peng .... do we somewhere have a glossary of hashtags? not sure I have this one right...

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

#dirty_feet. Good point about the glossary. Let's get one going. More later this pm (UK time)

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

We have one started already of course- look on the "Recents" page, scroll down to find "Popular hashtags" on the left.

Posted

Aha! That's how you do it (HOW long have I been doing PW and I'd never been there - sigh! 😄 ) Thanks gardenmaeve 😃

Posted

oh - hang on - I took a look and it's just the popular hashtags - am I looking in the wrong place please? Cheers 😃

Posted

I originally went there for the muddy dirty feet hashtag and couldn't find it.. Hence the question/suggestion..

Posted

Sure, @coldcounter. It's just the "most used".

Posted

Some months ago when I inquired about accepted standardized tags for this project that's what I was asked to draw from.

Posted

One can always expand upon a basic list, but it seemed an unnecessary waste of AvastMH's precious volunteer time to start from scratch! 😃

Posted

And then one has to think of the preferred form of tags like #dirty_feet as opposed to #dirtyfeet or #dirty #feet. or...

Posted

Personally I'd rather be counting penguins, LOL
    Going away now. 😄
    Have fun, @AvastMH. 😄 😄 😄

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

Sorry for disturbing your pretty long conversation but we've been using #darkfeet one for them already 😉 Please, don't make new ones.

Posted

Ok - #darkfeet it is. 😃 You see - on OldWeather the forum is SO MUCH BETTER for this sort of thing. I find 'talk' very limiting. I'm

Posted

quite happy to set up a list on the HelpBoard. I've got time in a week's time. I was going to get the list of new sites up to date too 😃

Posted

I've sent you a PM, Joan.

Posted

Damm... knew I'd get it wrong... have gone back and edited original comment to reflect right hashtag .. except it won't let me !! 😦

Posted

@coldcounter What do you mean by 'it won't let me'? Just hover over the post with your cursor and click on the Edit button. Doesn't it work for you?

Posted

Don't feel bad about using a wrong hashtag. If you remove the #, everything will be fine 😃

Posted

Hi yshish. When I tried to edit it wouldn't release to let me. Tried on my phone as well.. Still no joy.. Will try on Landline again

Posted

Tomorrow and try to remove the hashtag...

Posted

It's very odd! Thanks for clarifying.

Posted

Interesting yshish just fixed the typo of your name through the phone no problem but still can't access original input, maybe has to do

Posted

With the amount of conversation or time lapsed since original post??? clutching at straws here for explanation???

Posted

{Just tried again to edit this post as yshish asked- no problem.}

Posted

Once I experienced the same problem in the PP. I hasn't been able to edit my post since the moment I sent it. The only post on the whole portal.

Posted

There is no time limit for editing posts. I see the 'Remove' button at your post but don't want to try whether it works or not. There are some

Posted

technical problems with old projects affecting Talk (Search, displaying images, loading Recents etc.) so it may be related to it. Will report it to @DZM

Posted

PLEASE, these of you who had problems editing your own posts, try it now again and let me know whether it's working. It should have been fixed 😃

Posted

As you'll see, I was able to edit my post of 10:17 this morning, but yesterday's 2 posts at 10:22 still will not let me edit.

Posted

Thanks, @gardenmaeve ! Please, can you see the Edit button at the posts which can't be edited? What is the exact behaviour?

Posted

Yes, I see the Edit button, but when I click it nothing happens. Odd!

Posted

OK @yshish ... I just tried to edit the original comment from the original computer and the Edit button highlights with an underscore but

Posted

when I press it nothing happens and the entry remains locked..... I have edited (corrected spelling mistakes) many times on my past posts

Posted

and this is the first time this has happened. Other times it has "lagged" a little but eventually worked.

Posted

OK. It is exactly the same behaviour which I experienced 5 months ago in the PP. Still unable to edit that post. Thanks for your help.Please

Posted

let me know immediately when it happens the next time (I mean at a new post). This is important. Hope we'll track it down!

Posted

Next time it happens yshish I will send you a link on an email so that you get it asap. 😉

Posted