Penguin Watch Talk

Subject: APZ0007zi9

Subject APZ0007zi9 Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• christinetaylor by christinetaylor

blurred image

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Hi! Yes - you will see a lot of these. You don't need to comment on them or note them here unless you want to. The scientists

Posted

will know why areas have not been marked. And those that can be marked will still be very useful. Thanks for all your counting I hope

Posted

you are enjoying this project! 😃

Posted

• Hatschi by Hatschi

Don't get this site for marking very often nowadays. Coincidence? Or are most pictures marked by now?

Posted

• Singing_Ginger by Singing_Ginger

I still get this one a LOT

Posted

• Singing_Ginger by Singing_Ginger

So, it could be that you, personally, have marked most of this location.

Posted

• jennfurr by jennfurr

how many times is each picture reviewed?

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

@jennfurr- The number of classifiers depends on several variables. There is a long discussion here: http://talk.penguinwatch.org/#/boards/BPZ0000005/discussions/DPZ00007pt

Posted

Images with many penguins would require more classifications for accurate results.

Posted

I'll mention that there are summer and winter cameras at many of the sites (but not all of them I understand). Winter - one picture perhaps

Posted

every hour), but summer = once every two minutes. So we will be seeing a few sites a lot. 😃

Posted

• Hatschi by Hatschi

True, I sometimes felt that PW only has pics from that site. But objectively I don't think I've marked that many so far 😄

Posted

• Hatschi by Hatschi

I'm always happy when I come across them during my break at work. Big screen there 😉

Posted

• jennfurr by jennfurr

This one can get soooo crowded, and then other times only the 30-ish penguins on their nests. Give me Egg Rock any day!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

@jennfurr As for your question how many times is each picture reviewed,it's 5-20 times for each, depends on whether there are penguins in it

Posted

There are a total of 409,808 images that need to be classified. 73% of them have been classified and are considered complete,

Posted

while 5% are currently active, and 22% are inactive but still need to be classified. Then new data set will be uploaded and activated 😉

Posted

Yshish discusses this in the Science board, and I have a challenge for us all: http://talk.penguinwatch.org/#/boards/BPZ0000005/discussions/DPZ00007pt?page=4&comment_id=56d391b5cc453d3257000de7

Posted