Penguin Watch Talk

Subject: APZ000819x

Subject APZ000819x Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• eevhaa by eevhaa

I am beginning to hate this camera. Always so many penguins to mark, always the same scenerie ....

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

Hi @eevhaa We're aware of that this site provide much more images that the others and I'm sorry to hear that you aren't finding it fun any more

Posted

The scientists are trying to figure out a solution and Tom is currently finishing pre processing the images by other cameras, so soon there hopefully will be a lot more diversity.

Posted

Please, try to be patient a bit longer, or you can try some other project in the meantime (like the http://www.planktonportal.org/ .)

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

It's true last season's images were more varied. However, this series of multiple images from this particular site has allowed us to track individual penguins...

Posted

...with a depth of understanding not available to us before. I'm happy to count and learn and appreciate whatever images the we are fortunate enough to view.

Posted

I actually like this particular site more than some others. The penguins are well visible and no tricky rocks there.. 😉 but can imagine others don't.

Posted

• coldcounter by coldcounter

We were also able to follow that "life" of that nest close up and personal because so many images were taken ... I don't hate it (yet) ..

Posted

• coldcounter by coldcounter

but will welcome some new perspectives and continue to mark here quite happily... 😃 😃 you never know what you will find...

Posted

• Zilli by Zilli translator

I also like this site. Over time, one learns the positions and history of the nests and starts seeing the pengs as individuals. But I

Posted

confess I had thoughts like eevhaa one day or two. With pics taken about every minute here counting all of them is a life sentence 😉 😕

Posted

..and if I were granted one wish, I'd like to see pics of macaroni and king pengs now and then... 😉

Posted

I haven't seen a Macaroni, King, Rockhopper nor Chinstrap for a long time either. But it shouldn't take much longer if no problems appear.

Posted

I've had Macaroni, Chinstrap, and King images, just a few.

Posted

Well, apparently, you deserved them, @gardenmaeve ! 😉

Posted

LOL. I think not. Luck of the draw, that's all! 😃

Posted