Penguin Watch Talk

Subject: APZ0008as5

Subject APZ0008as5 Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• Brigitt by Brigitt

#egg at the righthand bottom corner??

Posted

• bienle123 by bienle123

It looks much like an egg and a chick! And the chick seems to be hungry!

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Hi bienle and Brigitt. Actually I think it's just two eggs, the grey bit that looks like a chick stretching up is just the brood patch.

Posted

Try this view..does it help? http://zooniverse-static.s3.amazonaws.com/www.penguinwatch.org/subjects/standard/5550b3b87d50fe04e100dfc9.JPG

Posted

• bienle123 by bienle123

Id say an egg and a tiny chick.

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

That nice little dark patch that looks like a chick is the dark space between the adult's legs- quite easy to be fooled. 😃

Posted

• Judiejay by Judiejay

With that zoomed view provided by AvastMH it's even easier to see that it is two eggs. Missed that in my viewing screen.

Posted

Oh well, nothing you can do about that Judiejay- although I sometimes use the 'magnifier' program on Windows to check out something odd. 😃

Posted

• Judiejay by Judiejay

AvastMH I'm not aware of that tool. In Windows 8? I'll check it out as it would be very useful at times. Thanks

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

@Judiejay There is no way to magnify the original size of the images by any program to see it in a better quality. The magnification will

Posted

display it bigger, but pixelated. You won't see more details. But it may help you to see it bigger in some cases, especially when distanced from the monitor

Posted

Your browser should have such a function too. My Firefox can zoom in when combining CTRL with + But it may differ in other browsers/versions of Firefox.

Posted

The bigger image version linked by AvastMH is the original size which displays while hovering over the thumbnail here, on the Talk, and the

Posted

same size you should see while classifying (depends on setting). There's no bigger resolution available for you, the magnifying won't add more details.

Posted

(In case you don't know how to get the original size, just click on the thumbnail/image you classify with the right mouse button and choose Copy image location

Posted

then paste the URL into a new browser tab/window. And, voilà.. (You can use it anywhere on the internet to get the original size)

Posted

• coldcounter by coldcounter

Thanks for that yshish .... I had forgotten how to grab the URL not having had to do it for some time ... it will certainly help if I want

Posted

to go back and check something .... 😃 😃

Posted

You can use it during the classification too (in case the image didn't display in the full resolution for you.)

Posted

Said it before and I'll say it again, the moderators on PW are so good at feed back for all of us.... 😃 😃 thank you.....

Posted

Thanks, you're very welcome! 😃

Posted