Penguin Watch Talk

Subject: APZ0009vf0

Subject APZ0009vf0 Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• Sitandslide by Sitandslide

Is that another Leucistic penguin chick there on the right (just below and to the left of the whale bone)? Lucy's nephew, Lucius?

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

Hi, @SitandSlide . It might be! I'll look more closely. It's such a pixelated view I can't be certain. Let's keep watch for this little one!

Posted

When I get a chance to concentrate I'll look through my Port Lockroy collection, see if I can spot little Lucius. 😃

Posted

In the meantime, "According to the statistics we're 97% done with the current data set which is awesome!" from yshish https://talk.penguinwatch.org/#/boards/BPZ0000003/discussions/DPZ00002n9?page=6&comment_id=57a85c6009a94f5139000cdd

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Super statistics - well done volunteers!! 😄

Big pic of ?Lucius

Posted

• Sitandslide by Sitandslide

Nice! Do we know what'll be in the next batch? More new locations, or filling in the missing 59 minutes of each hour?

Posted

😄 We'll know when we see them!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

It don't see a leucistic penguin here. I consider it as a penguin heading to the camera with its dirty belly. I think I can see a black back

Posted

on the right side of the belly. Don't you see it? I would be more careful with calling something a leucistic penguin. This one is not visible well enough.

Posted

@yshish- Are we looking at the same penguin? We're looking near the closer end of the whale bone, with an adult on the right facing left, and the pale chick on the left, facing right.

Posted

Yes, I was looking at the cropped image made by Joan so we are definitely talking about the same guy.

Posted

OK, That's good. 😉 We have been cautious, but I can remove my tags for now. Images are in a collection- also 1 of the Chinstrap you saw.

Posted

I am convinced but happy to wait and watch.

Posted

My Leucistic collection is a Tag group so all images with "#leucistic" will end up there no matter what is really displayed in the image, and I can't control that.

Posted

So thanks for removing the tags. I prefer using them in the sure cases only. 😃

Posted

I am sure, but in respect have tried to remove the tag for this image. As happened before, it will not work. Sorry. I'll keep trying.

Posted

And I think as long as your post contains the tag it will still show up in your tag group.

Posted

Ah, it wasn't supposed to change into a tag with the * symbol in front of # but they have changed that. Thanks for mentioning that.

Posted

Have you tried zooming in the Joan's cropped image? Don't you see the dark back(on the right side of the body)? We see mostly the belly with dirt in the front.

Posted

I accept your experienced opinion and release this discussion to you. 😃 I will keep trying to remove my tag.

Posted

It appears we were hasty to conclude that these images show a leucistic penguin.

Posted

Excitement can cloud the judgement. Please keep an eye out for even better photos, showing the back, wings and head.

Posted

Thanks. Will keep my eyes open! 😃

Posted

Thank you. 😃

Posted