Penguin Watch Talk

Subject: APZ000a6cu

Subject APZ000a6cu Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• ggm02 by ggm02

Would love to see a time-lapse video of this site taken over the year, watching the ice flows coming and going. And the penguins growing up!

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

It would be great wouldn't it - might take a month of Sundays to put together though - sigh 😕

Posted

• ggm02 by ggm02

Ah that's a shame. Was thinking the images were stored in date/time order so a run through a wee program to stitch them together into a...

Posted

• ggm02 by ggm02

..short video would be such a great reward for all the counters. 😃

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

The three moderators helping wonderful volunteers do not have access to the stored images or programming, of course.

Posted

Dr. Tom has posted a couple of very short videos of the sort you're wanting.

Posted

One is here. Scroll down a bit. Lots of location names as well as mention of the geothermal steam that sometimes adds to fog on the camera. http://penguinlifelines.org/south-georgia-mon-amor-2/

Posted

4,111,111 images classified!

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

I think I might have quoted them recently, or found them and stored them ...I shall go hunting for them 😄

Posted

Thank you, @AvastMH . I think you're correct.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

There is one timelaps by Dr. Tom on the project Science page: https://www.penguinwatch.org/#/science although another site with no iceflows.

Posted

• ggm02 by ggm02

Thanks for those links. Understandably they concentrate on the animals, would love to have seen the ice flows coming and going over the...

Posted

• ggm02 by ggm02

.. year but I guess I can't have everything 😃

Posted