Penguin Watch Talk

Subject: APZ000b84e

Subject APZ000b84e Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• SarahBlue by SarahBlue

ship - anyone got one where you can see more of it?

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Sure! Have you been South - do you know the ships? 😄 We have a few folk here who have been there/know the ships 😄 Here's one picture and

Posted

if you go to my collections you'll find more:

https://talk.penguinwatch.org/#/subjects/APZ000ayef

Posted

and https://talk.penguinwatch.org/#/subjects/APZ000b87u If you click on my name you'll get my page and my Antarctic Visitors - Humans

Posted

will have a lot of ships speckled through it 😄

Posted

• SarahBlue by SarahBlue

Fab - thanks, I'll go have a look and see what I can identify! Are you still interested in locations or are they known now?

Posted

• SarahBlue by SarahBlue

I have a subscription to sat tracking of ships so can pinpoint locations if that's needed!

Posted

• coldcounter by coldcounter

Hi @SarahBlue, coldcounter here. We would LOVE locations .... absolutely love it. Some of us have been working for ages looking at company

Posted

• coldcounter by coldcounter

ship logs and SitandSlide is really good at ID as well. I know that all Aurora trips are blue jackets but hardly ever see them.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

@SarahBlue Yes please, we would love to know the location names 😃 Thanks in advance!

Posted

Real place names - a dream come true. We've got a few so more is always good 😄

Posted

• SarahBlue by SarahBlue

No problem at all -I'll look at collections, and if you have more and can point me at known ships, I'll go trawling through archives!

Posted

Hi SarahBlue I will send some, I'm going away for two days, so will get some out late on the 30th (UK) time. If I don't send, remind me 😄

Posted

• Sitandslide by Sitandslide

My profile has an extensive list of collections of identified ships: Sea Explorer, Seabourn Quest, Ushuaia, Ocean Endeavour, Silver Explorer

Posted

... Ortelius, Zaandam, National Geographic Orion and Explorer, MS Expedition, Bremen, Corinthian, Ocean Diamond, Plancius, MS Fram, etc

Posted

If you could add locations to the timestamps on them, I think we'd have coverage of a vast amount of sites right away.

Posted

This, btw, is the Seabourn Quest, once again visiting Cuverville Island.

Posted

Interestingly, it was in this same location exactly a year earlier (to the hour) as well https://talk.penguinwatch.org/#/subjects/APZ000b87u

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

@AvastMH

Posted

• SarahBlue by SarahBlue

cracks knuckles. Some ships don't archive their locations with my provider so we're out of luck on a couple, but will check ones that do

Posted

• SarahBlue by SarahBlue

Ok, I've proven to be totally useless - most marked ships are at the cuverville site which we know about. And of the rest, not a single one

Posted

• SarahBlue by SarahBlue

has archives that go back to 2013 which is when most images seem to be from. So so sorry!

Posted

It's OK. We enjoying knowing locations, but efforts are most appropriately spent on classification of those charming penguins. Thank you!

Posted

Perhaps locations will be worked out with so many helpful people on the job! 😃

Posted

Collected! Thanks @gardenmaeve 😃

Posted

Gosh everyone!! You are all amazing 😃 @Sitandslide - finding one from a year ago, same place - amazing again. 😃

Posted

But @gardenmaeve has it - let's count penguins 😉 😉 😃

Posted