Penguin Watch Talk

Subject: APZ000ejot

Subject APZ000ejot Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• bienle123 by bienle123

The latest penguin Thriller: The new Neighbor!!

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Not perhaps their first choice as a new neighbour 😉 😄

Posted

• bienle123 by bienle123

😄 😄 😄

Posted

• ggm02 by ggm02

Uhoh! I reviewed another photo around this time and tagged the seal as a skua. Back to the FAQ and tutorial for me. 😦

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

@ggm02 No need to worry about any mistakes. Each subject is classified by multiple volunteers and I'm pretty sure someone will mark it correctly 😉

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

We appreciate your help! 😃

Posted

• coldcounter by coldcounter

uummmm .... isn't it a skua looking straight at the camera??? 😦 😃 (confused)

Posted

• ggm02 by ggm02

Same here @coldcounter , thought it might be too far from the water for it to be a seal. But now I can only see a seal, not a skua! 😐

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

Top of the rounded mass? Yes, that's one of the skuas that hangs out there-compare it to the penguin for size.

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

(Don't worry about 'too far from the water' for seals- we have such a small view it's hard to know distance.)

Posted

• ggm02 by ggm02

Good point about using the size of the penguins for comparison. So it's a skua unless we've discovered a new species of micro-seal?! 😄

Posted

Hhmmm I like the sound of a micro seal... Like a pygmy possum! I you want to see something google fairy pygmy armadillo!!!

Posted

'fairy pygmy armadillo' that is the most totally weird critter I've ever seen. Never heard of it before - but I'll never forget it now! 😮

Posted

I hadn't either is thought it was an April fool's day joke when I was told about it... had to eat my words when I read up about it 😄

Posted

😄 😄 😄 It does look like it's made out of an old pink sock 😄

Posted