Penguin Watch Talk

Subject: APZ000f8cb

Subject APZ000f8cb Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

OK, how do we mark sheep? Is it no option from the list, or the last one (seals, etc?) I went with the last one although he Tutorial instruction isn't clear as it suggests not to choose anything but there is an option for the other others now.

Posted

This is a thing to be discussed more. I'm sending an email to the PW team.......

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

But our FAQ is clear: All animals on the land like seals, cormorants/shags, geese, birds of prey like turkey vultures, caracaras etc. (we’ve even seen some deer in the previous data sets, not expected any more.) You can mark each of them that you can see clearly using the ‘Other’ (blue) mark without ticking any option.

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

I wondered about the sheep but decided that we had clear FAQ which does say 'All land animals...' I suppose the difference is that the

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

others were living wild (even if originally introduced by man), whereas the sheep are farmed. Perhaps farming would change the FAQ? 😕

Posted

@gardenmaeve but what is then the last option in the other list good for? It is not consistent with the instructions in FAQs/Tutorial.

Posted

We should either remove the last option from the list or change the instructions to use it instead of an empty choice. Now it is confusing.

Posted