Penguin Watch Talk

Subject: APZ000fkzl

Subject APZ000fkzl Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• Hatschi by Hatschi

Do the two in the front left turn the egg around together?

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

To me it looks like a pair bonding display as they trade places for nest duty. I only know of one parent at a time turning eggs.

Posted

• Hatschi by Hatschi

Thank you @gardenmaeve. I see what you mean. Maybe it's just a question of perpective that the one penguins seems to be handling the egg.

Posted

• Hatschi by Hatschi

"Handling"? Does one really say handling? But what else? "beakling" doesn't sound right either.

Posted

Maybe just "turning" would suffice? 😄

Posted

• Hatschi by Hatschi

Maybe 😃 but that'd be easy, wouldn't it 😉

Posted

Then it's a "Synchronized Ovoid-Rotation".

Posted

• Hatschi by Hatschi

😄 😄 😄

Posted

• Hatschi by Hatschi

I've just got the out of data note O.O Wow! Penguin counters were quick on this set.

Posted

• coldcounter by coldcounter

Yep, I got it two days ago hatschi 😄

Posted

• Hatschi by Hatschi

If I could be as much on PW as I wish, I'd probably seen it earlier, too 😉

Posted

Since this is now the old PW, classifications will all be on the new-format PW site from now on. Thank you all!
    @yshish @AvastMH

Posted

Please everyone, join us on the new version of beloved Penguin Watch, here:
    https://www.zooniverse.org/projects/penguintom79/penguin-watch?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_campaign=pwbeta19apr2018

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

Thanks everyone! You are awesome guys 😃 And yes, please, do join us on the new platform, there are plenty penguin images to be classified!

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

I would like to add my congratulations to the thousands of volunteers who have worked on this project, and especially to those

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

of you who've plugged away day in day out to help the pengs 😄
    What an epic piece of work - see you over on the new platform!! 😄

Posted

Sad to be leaving this means of communication, I much prefer it and sad too that we didn't see any chicks at this site 😦 😦 Thanks all

Posted

see you "over there" ....

Posted

It is quite likely you will see this site's chicks over there 😉

Posted

• Hatschi by Hatschi

Thank you for providing the link! I am ashamed to admit: I'd have missed it 😦 Now I'll go and check out the new site 😃

Posted

• Hatschi by Hatschi

But one question please: what will happen to our collections here? As I understand data are not transferred

Posted

As we've discussed here earlier, all of the collections will be archived. They will not be directly linked on the new platform, but will be available to you. We'll keep you all posted as we move into that phase.

Posted

For the time being, the FAQ here will also be helpful to you as the new PW FAQ is not yet fully functional, so a booklmark to this FAQ is wise 😉 There are a few minor differences we'll address as time goes on.

Posted

• Hatschi by Hatschi

Thank you @gardenmaeve 😃 My laptop broke so I seem to have missed quite a few important bits of information.

Posted

You're here now and I'm glad! Here's a link to the new site in which the question of PMs and Collections is discussed... toward the end: https://www.zooniverse.org/projects/penguintom79/penguin-watch/talk/1699/611207

Posted

If you have any further questions @Hatschi Drop me a PM here or at the new PW and I'll help if I can. 😃

Posted

• Hatschi by Hatschi

Thank you for your great help! For the moment I'll be happily clicking away + especially enjoy the new feature of zooming into the picture

Posted

Great- we're happy about that Zoom feature too! Looking forward to seeing you there.

Posted