Penguin Watch Talk

FOUR MILLION - just reached at 14.50 BST 12th June 2016 - Thanks to you wonderful classifiers and our developers and scientists.

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Today we celebrate this:

enter image description here

36219 volunteers have worked hard to produce this magnificent figure. The benefits for penguins happens so far round the planet that few of us could ever travel there to see the results of our scientific efforts. But the power of your human mind for character recognition, the organization of your efforts by the developers, like our Cam Allen, and the whole concept and set-up of the project by our scientists Dr Tom Hart and Dr Caitlin Black and their colleagues, means that real changes are happening in Antarctica to help penguins.

enter image description here

Let's keep up the good work and head on towards five million 😄 😄 😄

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

Inspiring effort from all, and beautiful recognition post, @AvastMH.

Posted

• coldcounter by coldcounter

So now we know what you have been doing AvastMH ... preparing for the 4 MILLION 😄 😄 😄

As @gardenmaeve called it .... inspiring effort by all and beautiful post by yourself AvastMH ...

Bienle123 said out on the comments page that they need at least 50 photos a day to prevent any withdrawal symptoms from setting in so it looks like we are going to all be around for some time yet ...... roll on PW truly a glowing example of citizen science at work 😄 😄 😄

Posted

I think that we've nearly finished the current set and the next lot are being cranked into position now 😄

Posted

Who's a happy camper? 😄 😄

Posted

• coldcounter by coldcounter

You're joking ..... wow .... we've flown through them !!!! another sleepless night coming up then 😄 😄 😄

(and I'd only just got used to this set!! )

Posted

😄 😄 😄 I can't wait!

Posted

• Melakmen by Melakmen

Bring it on. 

Posted

That's the attitude we love!

Posted

• grannieannie by grannieannie

Amazing to be part of this. I too need my 50 images, or more, a day and love seeing the way the chicks grow and the sites change day to day and month to month. 😃

Posted

It's lovely to see so many happy folks working on PW. Hopefully all will run smoothly. Our developers have a lot of calls on their time so sometimes we've had to be patient waiting for things to move along 😃

Posted