Penguin Watch Talk

-29 29 (bug with "back" button)

• Antihelios by Antihelios

I just started classifying and with the first image everything was normal. But when I got to the second image, there was already a number next to "Adults" and "Chicks". When I start marking, a new number circle appears with the new number of markings.
    I made a screenshot of another picture to show you how it looks for me: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/118127077/penguinwatch.jpg
    I'm using Firefox. Just wanted to share that in case it can be fixed or is an actual problem with the counting.

Posted

• Indigo_Horse by Indigo_Horse

I'm not sure, but it might be where someone else left off. It might have been me, actually- I marked 29 adults and 1 chick on that picture before stopping. If you check the 'hide old marks' box I think it'll stop.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

I got the same issue and it makes no sense to me. Numbers -8 8 started to appear in each new image, then it increased to more number and now I can see this although there's only 1 adult penguin in the image.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-HpBZnxmpi3I/VBrdYvl35-I/AAAAAAAAHIM/ZJEGKnL73iw/s0/ysh_bug.png

And the numbers always stay the same for the following image. I got no images without these numbers now.

Posted

I tried an experiment which seems to have confirmed my hypothesis that the problem is caused by using the 'back' button. I tagged 3 penguins in this image and then clicked on the 'back' button and started tagging all the other penguins in that image. When I got new image, there had been -3 3 appeared before I started to tag the penguins. And these numbers have kept appearing in every new image since that time.

@Antihelios Do you remember whether you clicked on the 'back' button before it has appeared?

(I'm sorry for my English. Hope it's understandable.)

Posted

Actually, yes, I used the "back" button on my very first picture to add more penguins!

I just tried it again. When I started out today I did not have any "extra" numbers. I marked a few pictures and everything was normal. Eventually with one picture I use the back-button and now I have "-34 34".

Posted

And I also just found out that the extra numbers disappear when I closed the browser tab.

Posted

• Twidap by Twidap

I cannot remove markings with the 'x' mark, in fact when I use this it actually marks a penguin rather than remove it. Is anybody else having this problem and how do you rectify it please?

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB in response to Twidap's comment.

Could be a browser issue. Are you using IE ? If so , try to switch to Firefox or Chrome.

Posted

@twidap Please, let us know whether it helped or not. Thanks.

Posted

• Kevin_McKay by Kevin_McKay

Same here (on Safari with an iPad ). Ended up with many marks...

Posted

@Kevin you mean after using the 'back' button?

Posted