Penguin Watch Talk

Marking glich - target off image

• Nosmo_King by Nosmo_King

I've been selecting the "eggs" option and clicking somewhere on the image to create a target that I can move around the image looking for eggs. I've discovered that if I move the cursor off the image whilst still holding down the left mouse button the target disappears. If I then release the mouse button an incorrect tally of 1 is than added to the eggs. Because I can no longer see the target off the image, I can't select it so that I can delete it. Is there anyway I can delete this extra score?

Unfortunately I've submitted a few results with extra eggs before I realised what was happening. The same problem occurs with all categories.

Cheers,

Nosmo

Posted

• caitlin.black by caitlin.black moderator, scientist, admin

Hi Nosmo,
    There should be a black marker with the white X in it on the top right of the magnifier. Does that help at all? The eggs are very rare in the images- just to keep in mind. Cheers!

Posted

Hello Caitlin. I've used X to delete but the point is that the magnifier is only visible when the cursor is over the image. Once the magnifier is moved off the image the magnifier disappears. If the mouse button is then released an extra one is added to the tally. Since the magnifier now can't be seen I can't go back to delete it. I've only found a very small number of what I think are eggs, so I don't want to inflate the figures unnecessarily. Nosmo

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator

Hi Nosmo. I understand what you meant by that, but when I tried to reproduce the bug on my comp, it worked properly. What browser/OS do you use? Thanks,

Zuzi

Posted

Using Firefox V.32.0.2

Posted

• caitlin.black by caitlin.black moderator, scientist, admin

@brian-c Any ideas?

Posted