Penguin Watch Talk

Shortcuts for easier tagging

• telegnom by telegnom

Hi folks,

it would be great if the ui provided some keyboard shortcuts 😃 As a programmer I'm used to use these.

It would be great if the was something like pressing the key a (an your keyboard) to activate the tool for tagging adult penguins or pressing 'c' to activate the tool for marking chicks, etc.

Is there any repository which is public available where I can find the source code for the site? If so, I'd like to write the code for that and create a pull / merge request for this patch.

greetings,
    telegnom

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to telegnom's comment.

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions. Sadly, this project is running on an old platform (Ouroboros) and there are no developers working on any changes as everything is being moved to the new platform (Panoptes) instead. We prefer staying on the old one for now... Anyway, all Zooniverse code sources are accessible via GitHub, and here is the GH page for PW (You can also find it at the very bottom of the Classification page), so you can look at the code and maybe try to discuss your suggestions there directly with the Zooniverse developers 😉

Good luck with that, and let us know what they say.

Cheers,
    Zuzi

Posted

• telegnom by telegnom

Hi,

thanks a lot for the links. That was way too obvious to look at github 😕

I think I'll just write a patch and submit it, we'll see if they accept it.

Greetings,
    telegnom

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to telegnom's comment.

Awesome!! Thanks a lot for your input 😃 We really appreciate that. There were more volunteers with such a suggestion and we were sorry we cannot make that happen.

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

I'm impressed @telegnom ! I hope that you can make some headway with this option. 😄

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

(extra post to bring this back to page one of discussion board)

Posted