Penguin Watch Talk

Issue

• Hannah_Tabak by Hannah_Tabak

Nothing happens when I click on the penguins; no markers or anything show up. Am I doing it wrong???

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Hi Hannah_Tabak.
    I am really sorry to hear that you are having trouble with marking 😦
    Can I just go through it step by step with you to make sure you are clicking the right instructions? If this does not work then I will need to know a few more details (I'll ask for those below)

When you open up a page to classify and there are penguins there to mark you must click on 'Yes', then 'OK'. I have highlighted them on this picture snip:

enter image description here

That will take you to the marking screen. You will find that your mouse pointer turns into a cross when you hover over the picture. The cross is towards the top left in this picture:

And when you click on a penguin you get the marking circle which I have highlighted with a red circle here:

You can drag and drop that circle using your mouse. If you want to delete the circle just use the cross on it's rim. Don't forget to click on 'chick' on the list if you want to mark one of those. And so on. When you are finished click 'Finished Marking' the next screen asks you to say if you have marked all of them or if there were too many to mark. And after that the next screen asks if you want to talk about the picture which brings you back to this area of PenguinWatch. If you say 'no' you get the next picture to mark.

I hope that this helps you.
    If you still can't mark them I will need to know what sort of computer you use (is it a computer/tablet/android, what user system you have (eg Microsoft, AppleMac, Linux), what browser and what version it is. With this information I can ask the developers to help us 😃

Importantly - thank you for checking with us - we want people to really enjoy PenguinWatch.

Best wishes, Joan (AvastMH)

Posted